Lisa & Kevin live in Denver and wanted to do their engagement session in the mountains. They wanted to get mountain views close to Denver, so Lookout Mountain was the perfect spot. L & K brought their pups along for their engagement session too. Lisa’s dog Rory passed away shortly after their engagement session. I know the photos with Rory are ones they deeply cherish.
Currently planning your own mountain engagement session? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Majority of counties in Colorado require the photographer to purchase a permit ahead of time for their session. Check that your photograph is able to acquire a permit. Some permits require the photographer submits proof of insurance. This is a good way to check that your photographer has a legitimate business.
- Mountain lookouts and visitor centers are popular places for tourists and even locals. Be aware that you may be working around people and will need to be patient.
- The sun sets faster in the mountains. It seems like a “duh” thing to say, but keep that in mind while planning out the timing and locations of your session.
- Be ready to walk and hike! Bring shoes to make it easier on yourself and everyone involved.
- Choose outfits that feel comfortable and natural to both of you two wear. Not a dressy couple? Stick with casual outfits that you both feel confident in!
- I loved the colors Lisa and Kevin chose for their second set of outfits. Kevin’s blue and red plaid shirt complimented Lisa’s yellow dress perfectly. Solid choices!