Lisa & Kevin live in Denver and wanted mountain engagements photos. We found a location close to Denver with mountain view, Lookout Mountain. Lisa and Kevin brought their pups along for their engagement session too. Lisa’s dog Rory passed away shortly after their engagement session. I know the photos with Rory are ones they deeply cherish.
Currently planning your own mountain engagement session? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Majority of counties in Colorado require the photographer to purchase a permit ahead of time for their session. Check that your photograph is able to acquire a permit. Some permits require the photographer submits proof of insurance. This is a good way to check that your photographer has a legitimate business.
- Mountain lookouts and visitor centers are popular places for tourists and even locals. Be aware that you may be working around people and will need to be patient.
- The sun sets faster in the mountains. It seems like a “duh” thing to say, but keep that in mind while planning out the timing and locations of your session.
- Be ready to walk and hike! Bring shoes to make it easier on yourself and everyone involved.
- Choose outfits that feel comfortable and natural to both of you two wear. Not a dressy couple? Stick with casual outfits that you both feel confident in!
- I loved the colors Lisa and Kevin chose for their second set of outfits. Kevin’s blue and red plaid shirt complimented Lisa’s yellow dress perfectly. Solid choices!