Jordin and Brandon celebrated their one year anniversary and made a trip to Colorado for vacation. We did their Garden of the Gods Couples Session on a sunny, warm evening. They came all the way from Arkansas to spend a week exploring Colorado.
We started their engagement photo session at High Point Overlook. High Point Overlook has a large parking lot and great view of Garden of the Gods. After photos there we drove further into the park to another spot that requires a small amount of hiking and walking up into the rocks. The views from that trail are always worth it!
Garden of the Gods is a popular location in Colorado Springs, not only for tourists, but also for locals. I’ve photographed Garden of the Gods engagement session because people love it! I don’t blame them either.
A few things to keep in mind when planning a session at Garden of the Gods:
- The rocks and dirt are red and might cast a reddish glow on your skin. So when it comes to picking outfits for you session I recommend people stay away from brighter colors like red, pink, and orange.
- Neutral colors always look great in outfits. So think along the lines of black, white, greys, and lighter shades of colors. Not sure what to wear? Just ask!
- Garden of the Gods is BUSY. Especially during the summer months and during the early evenings when golden hour is approaching. Parking can be a pain, so leave with buffer time.
- The main parking lot of the park (up in the rocks) is most popular. It has the biggest parking area, but people are everywhere! I avoid shooting in this location unless it’s a special request, so let me know.
- Majority of people have little to no service in the park, so be prepared with what area you are planning to meet. Knowing parking lot numbers is helpful!
- Be prepared with the shoes you wear or bring a pair for walking/hiking. There are lots of great spots in Garden of the Gods, but getting to those spots often requires some uphill hiking and navigating around some rocks. This also important to keep in mind with picking out your outfits too.
Sessions at Garden of the Gods are always fun! Enjoy checking out Jordin and Brandon’s!