Earlier this spring I met Kat & Luke for their Denver Union Station Engagement Session. Luke proposed to Kat in November at Denver Union Station, so it was fitting that we did their engagement session there. For the second half of their engagement session we walked down the street to the Denver Milk Market.
Taking engagement photos downtown is the perfect option for a couple wanting an urban feel to their photos. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you do your engagement photos downtown:
- A photo session at Denver Union Station does require a photo permit and proof of insurance. Be sure your photographer snags a permit and has the insurance needed to make it happen.
- Denver Union Station has set times that photography is allowed. Check those times!
- Denver Union Station is a busy place! There will be people around. Does it feel awkward to get your photo taken in front of other people? You bet it does!
- I usually tell my couples that people are simply curious and interested. They’re going to watch. Try to keep your focus on each other. Tune the rest of the world out.
- It’s part of my job as your photographer to help you feel relaxed and make things fun. So I’ll be there to help!
- If you move to other areas in downtown Denver you may have to work around and wait for other people to walk by, and that’s totally fine. Most people are so excited when they see a couple getting their engagement photos taken in public!
P.S. Kat and Luke’s September wedding at The Barn at Racoon Creek in Denver was a blast. Be sure to check it out!
Check out this Denver couple’s engagement session at Lookout Mountain.