This Los Rios District Couples Session was complete with gorgeous cactus and greenery in the background. In November I traveled to California to photograph this Golden Lady Bug Estate wedding. After the wedding I spent a few extra days in California and set up some other sessions. One of my shoots was this one with Hope and Ryan. I met Hope through a Facebook group that we’re both in for the Scrubbing In Podcast by Becca Tilley & Tanya Rad. We did their shoot near Laguna in the Los Rios Historic District. There was lots of adobe and beautiful cactus throughout!
While in California I did some exploring in the area and have to leave my recommendations:
- Take a drive down to the Laguna Beach area and be sure to stop to walk along the beach. While I was location scouting for this session, I spent my morning in Laguna scoping out the area and was in awe the entire time. Treasure Island and Aliso Beach are both breathtaking!
- While on Aliso Beach I grabbed some Poke for lunch at Lost Pier Cafe and it was delicious!
- If you’re staying near Newport Beach or Huntington, Pacific City is a great shopping area with several great restaurants. I once again had Poke for dinner here.
- On my final full day I braved the city of Los Angeles and am so glad I did.
- I visited The Broad Museum and made sure to see the Infinity Mirrored Rooms exhibit.
- I had lunch in Grand Central Market in downtown Los Angeles. Literally every food you can think of is there!
- I walked through The Last Bookstore and highly recommend to any Book Nerd like myself.
- I made the drive to Griffith Observatory and saw the Hollywood sign. It was incredible and I’m so glad I made the drive to see it.
Check out this couples session at Newport Beach!